1. PERMISSION TO PARTICIPATE: I, the parent/guardian of the above-named participant hereby acknowledge that my child is in good general health and I give my approval for my child to participate in any and all Carolina Bowl/Crucible Select national, regional, league/conference, association and team/squad activities, including transportation to and from the activities by a licensed driver with proof of insurance. I understand, hereby give my approval for, and assume any and all risk of my child’s use of various playing surfaces and conditions, including, but not limited to, dry and wet natural and artificial grass, hard dirt, and/or mud and I hereby acknowledge and understand that said surfaces may be regular or very irregular.
TO INFORM: I acknowledge that I am fully aware of the potential
dangers of participation in any sport and I fully understand that participation
football, marching band, cheerleading and/or dance may result in SERIOUS INJURIES, PARALYSIS, PERMANENT DISABILITY AND/OR DEATH. Furthermore, I fully acknowledge and understand that protective equipment does not prevent all participant injuries, and therefore I do hereby waive, release, absolve, indemnify, and agree to hold harmless the coaches, local, league and regional Carolina Bowl/Crucible Select organization(s), Carolina Bowl/Crucible Select and any and all organizers, sponsors, supervisors, participants, and persons transporting the above named participant to and from activities, from any claim arising out of any injury to my/our child whether the result of negligence or for any other cause.
3. EMERGENCY MEDICAL AUTHORIZATION: I hereby grant my permission for any and all emergency medical/dental treatment and/or first aid to be administered to my child/participant, including authorizing any medical treatment facility/hospital to administer emergency treatment, for any illness/injury/accident resulting from participation in any and all Carolina Bowl/Crucible Select activities.
RESPONSIBILITY: I agree to assume full responsibility for any and
all equipment/uniforms loaned to the above-named participant and I agree
to promptly return, upon request, the uniform and other equipment issued to the above-named participant in as good condition as when received except for normal wear and tear. If I fail to adhere to this policy, I will be responsible for the full replacement cost of such equipment.
5. INSURANCE DISCLOSURE: I am aware that the Carolina Bowl/Crucible Select organization carries group accident insurance which is considered secondary or excess for medical purposes to any and all valid insurance I possess is considered primary insurance. Furthermore, I agree to notify in writing the Carolina Bowl/Crucible Select organization of any medical claim as a result of participation in Carolina Bowl/Crucible Select as soon as reasonably possible. I understand that any registration fee paid does not constitute a direct premium for insurance and that a deductible(s) may apply.
6. SCHOLASTIC VERIFICATION: I hereby stipulate that either my child is scholastically fit, or that I have completed the scholastic eligibility or the Home School Eligibility and will adhere to all rules and regulations therein. Furthermore, I hereby authorize my child’s school to release school grades, report card results, and any and all other pertinent scholastic information to the Carolina Bowl/Crucible Select organization in order to comply with all scholastic requirements.
7. FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY: I hereby stipulate that I have been advised by the Carolina Bowl/Crucible Select Organization of my rights, if any, to a refund in accordance with the Carolina Bowl/Crucible Select’s policies, and I have also been advised of my fundraising obligations if any and agree to fully comply with those obligations.
8. COMMUNICATION AND PROMOTIONAL CONSENT: As a condition to my child’s participation, I hereby consent to receive communications via email and mail from Carolina Bowl/Crucible Select and its partners. I understand that Carolina Bowl/Crucible Select does not sell its contact lists and communications sent may contain program information as well as special offers and may be opted out of by following the instructions in the email or via written request to the Carolina Bowl/Crucible Select Office. Furthermore, I hereby grant to Carolina Bowl/Crucible Select the absolute right and permission to make, reproduce, broadcast or otherwise use participant’s name and likeness, any photograph, films, videos, recordings, or other depictions or images in whatever form or media in connection with participation in Carolina Bowl/Crucible Select throughout the universe in perpetuity and in any and all advertising and promotion materials, in any manner or media whatsoever for purposes of art, advertising, editorial, trade or promotion or any other purpose whatsoever. To the extent that any benefit accrues or may accrue to Carolina Bowl/Crucible Select, I hereby and forever waive any interest in or claim to such benefits and acknowledge that Carolina Bowl/Crucible Select is under no obligation to exercise any rights granted herein.
9. ADULT CODE OF CONDUCT:
- a. In order to uphold the goals of Carolina Bowl/Crucible Select and ensure that all participants have the benefit of a safe and fun learning environment, all parents, guardians and other adults and attendees of Carolina Bowl/Crucible Select events, including but not limited to practices, competitions, and banquets, must behave accordingly in a respectful, courteous and sportsmanlike manner at all times.
- b. Any adult who is using alcohol, tobacco or non-prescription drugs and/or appears intoxicated at a Carolina Bowl/Crucible Select event, and/or who is flagrantly rude, attempts to intimidate, verbally abuse, heckles, taunts, ridicules, boos, throws objects and/or uses vulgarity or profane language/gestures with an official, coach, volunteer, staff member, participant or other event attendee, must receive a verbal warning and/or be asked to leave a Carolina Bowl/Crucible Select event. The member organization may also provide a written warning to the individual regarding the misbehavior. The adult’s children may also be removed from the event. Any adult who commits one of the above stated offenses a second time, will be banned from any and all Carolina Bowl/Crucible Select events for a period of one year from the date of the second offense, and their children may also be removed from the program(s) for that time period.
- c. Any adult who physically assaults an official, coach, volunteer, staff member or participant or threatens grave bodily harm may be banned from any and all Carolina Bowl/Crucible Select events for one year from the date of the offense, and their children may also be removed from any and all Carolina Bowl/Crucible Select programs for that same period of time. After the ban has expired, if the individual commits another offense of the adult code of conduct, the individual will be permanently banned from any and all Carolina Bowl/Crucible Select events and the individual’s children may also be permanently removed from any and all Carolina Bowl/Crucible Select programs.
10. ADHERENCE TO CAROLINA BOWL RULES AND PROCEDURES: I hereby understand and acknowledge that as a parent/guardian of a Carolina Bowl/Crucible Select participant it is my responsibility to comply with all rules and regulations stipulated, adopted or recognized by Carolina Bowl/Crucible Select or any of its member organizations and understand that any non-compliance with any and all rules and regulations may be cause for discipline and/or dismissal of the participant, myself, and/or any spectators or other persons affiliated with the undersigned and the above named participant. I further understand that the participant must meet Carolina Bowl/Crucible Select grade and age requirements on their official certification date as established by Carolina Bowl/Crucible Select without exception and that the decision of the Carolina Bowl/Crucible Select is final. I agree to furnish an authentic certified copy of a birth certificate of the above-named participant to local Carolina Bowl/Crucible Select officials and understand that valid proof of age, a current calendar year’s signed medical release, scholastic Report Card and this form must be presented by date of certification in order to participate further in Carolina Bowl/Crucible Select activities. I/We hereby hold Carolina Bowl/Crucible Select harmless of any financial loss as the result of any disciplinary action.
11. DISPUTE RESOLUTION POLICY SEVERABILITY: I hereby understand and acknowledge that all civil disputes between Carolina Bowl/Crucible Select and any and all affiliated parties will be subject to binding arbitration in the local Carolina Bowl/Crucible Select Office in Inman, SC in accordance with South Carolina law under the guidelines and rules of the American Arbitration Association. I hereby agree that this binding arbitration shall be in lieu of any litigation by and between myself, Carolina Bowl/Crucible Select and any and all affiliated parties. I also understand and agree that if I contest any decision or ruling of Carolina Bowl/Crucible Select and seek other recourse, that I will reimburse Carolina Bowl/Crucible Select for all legal fees and expenses it reasonably incurs. If any portion of this form shall be deemed unenforceable, illegal, and/or invalid, the reminder shall remain in full force and effect.
RULES & REGULATIONS
In consideration of participation in Carolina Bowl/Crucible Select activities, I hereby stipulate that I have read, fully understand and voluntarily agree to be bound by all of the above and that all information provided by me is true and accurate to the fullest extent of my knowledge.
The above Waiver & Release is required to participate in ANY Carolina Bowl sponsored event. Do NOT participate unless in full agreement with all waivers, rules, and regulations as set forth in the above Parental/Guardian Permission and Waiver!